Re: [TowerTalk] utility poles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] utility poles
From: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:14:06 -0400
In private conversation with the original poster of this
topic, it was revealed that he had less than $1k in his
70' pole, installed with 7' in the ground.  (10% being
the rule of thumb)  This was mid 1980's dollars.

I'm going to explore new pole prices, with climbing steps,
as well as availability of 'pulls', from the local utility.
Will report findings.

Target:  70' maximum antenna height, likely 70' pole with 10'
in-ground, and 10' mast to give me 6-20m @60' and 40/30 @ 70'.

The appeal of power poles is that there are ANSI standards
regarding their specification.  Tends to minimize building code
issues, not to mention aesthetic arguments from folks who already
have power poles in front of their houses.

(although both are moot points in this town--we fought the zoning
law and won, 70' with 50% setback, 15 years ago.)

N2EA

Jim Jarvis, President
The Morse Group, LLC
We create high-performance organizations.
732 548 5573 office
443 618 5560 cell
jimjarvis@themorsegroup.net
www.themorsegroup.net