Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: towertalk@contesting.com, r_bakalov@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 17:09:23 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2007 11:11:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Interestingly, nobody has included OptiBeam in the  discussion.  Their
stated gain is higher than F12 and therefore closer to  SteppIR.

    Aye, and there's the rub. The reason that N0AX  and myself embarked on
our antenna comparison tests was that YOU CAN'T BELIEVE  ANTENNA MANUFACTURER'S
PERFORMANCE CLAIMS.

    Currently Force 12 and SteppIR are the only  manufacturers that use our
protocol to produce useful  comparable performance figures.  If Optibeam
figures were produced  similarly, then I'd be more inclined to believe them.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Cell: 206-890-4188