Re: [TowerTalk] Question about force 12 c-4

To: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>, <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question about force 12 c-4
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 10:16:22 -0700
At 08:36 PM 5/11/2007, mryan001 wrote:
>Steve, I thought I read that the F-12 rivets ( the rivets used by F-12 are
>not your everyday garden type...no holes in the center or something like
>that....) give the entire antenna somewhat less wind resistance ( and
>survivability? ) than do clamps or screws, washers and nuts.  What do you
>make of that?  - Mike

I suspect that if your system is so close to the ragged edge of
failure that whether you use rivets or hose clamps makes a
difference, you're doomed in general.
Or, you subscribe to the "willing to climb towers a lot" philosophy
of "if it didn't come down in the last storm, it wasn't big enough"
as opposed to the "design with lots of margin and climb the tower
once every 15 years" philosophy.  Both are valid.. just different.

Jim, W6RMK