Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] C31XR versus SteppIR
From: "Scott Honaker" <scotthon@pilchuckvet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 11:25:39 -0700
I always felt the element spacing was ideal for most applications.  It
provides high front to back ratio on 20m where noise is often an issue and
high gain on 10m where gain is generally more helpful than F/B.  This is
clearly a lucky coincidence of physics, rather than a brilliant design
feature (the genius is elsewhere in the design).  It seems we often have to
fight physics.  It's nice when one comes easy.

SteppIR 3el figures
20m  gain = 7.4dBi  F/B = 25dB
10m  gain = 9.0dBi  F/B = 11dB

Scott N7SS