Re: [TowerTalk] masts.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] masts.
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:55:02 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:18:52 -0400, "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
wrote:

>The main headache with cast pipe is getting it shimmed properly in the Ham M
>style of rotator. That was one reason I got suckered into the Daiwa & Create
>since they have floating mounts.

Amen to that. I had forgotten about those shims and that is another
reason I will never use a Hy-Gain rotator again.

Alfa Spid has an excellent mast clamp system, using eight bolts which
screw into a large diameter pipe, into which you insert the smaller
diameter mast and gradually tighten all eight bolts down evenly.
Simple and effective, and accommodates various mast diameters without
shimming. Are you listening, Hy-Gain?

Bill W6WRT