[TowerTalk] Cheap 55G for sale

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cheap 55G for sale
From: UpTheTower@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:03:52 EDT
I'm just passing this along. Seems like a pretty  good deal. They're $336.00
per section currently.

    Please respond to the originator directly - tnx.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH

>  Hello every one,

The 24 straight sections of R-55 are  still for sale.

I am asking $150 per section. These sold new for  $230/section in 1990 and
while rohn is no longer in business ,Valmont and (I  think) Radian make spare
parts for these.

Buy all 24 sections for the  $3600 total and I'll throw in the guy
wire(including 1500' of new guy wire), the  turnbuckles and anchor plates, 2
spare
anchor rods(8') and the top and bottom  plates.We also have most of the bolts
and
nuts in case you want to reuse  them.

Also available is the lighting kit which includes your choice of a  homebrew
solid state flasher, or an older mechanical ROHN flasher & control  box. Also
1 - 300mm Beacon fixture, and a dual OB1 obstruction (sidelight)  assembly,
and the associated cables made from outdoor UV resistant  romex.
This all at a package price for $700.

These sections were up  for 17 years are painted red/white and still in good
to very good shape. The  paint is peeling but the steel and galvanizing are in
very good shape. This was  taken down by Sammy Smith in May this year and no
damage was incurred then. You  may want to contact Sammy for a second opinion
or a reference.

Parts of  this tower had fallen 17 years ago and during re-erection, one
section busted  loose one of the daigonal rebars when we emergency lifted 120'
of
tower plus  antennas & feedlines. ALL sections are straight and in very good
shape other  than the above mentioned daigonal rebar.

We can also repaint this tower  if needed for $500 or $21/section.

If you've read this far, Thanks for  looking & 73

Dave Firis AL7OP
Firis Communications Center
486  Akron Rd.
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281-9487
_davefiris@earthlink.net _ (mailto:davefiris@earthlink.net?Subject=
Re:Rohn%2055%20Still%20FOR%20SALE%20-%20240'%20Guyed.%20in%20NE%20Ohio)
PH:330-336-3754
secondary PH: (cell)  330-958-8329