Re: [TowerTalk] EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies

To: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies
From: BRENT BAUM <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:42:02 -0600
I hope someone has the foresight to track her symptoms through the full sunspot
cycle. We might be able to save money on sensitive electronics, beacons, etc.
if we can make friends with our neighbors who are natural detectors and can
call us when they sense a band opening. :) BTW the line in the article about
her self-diagnosis tends to be a dead give away as to her reliability. I once
had a client who received messages from an empty radio cabinet.
K7MEI> Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:24:16 -0700> From: larryj@teleport.com> To:
towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EMI
concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies> > Do a search on Google for Sarah
Dacre, and you'll find several articles about her ailment, along with pictures
of her special "headgear".> > Here's one of the articles (the line wrap may
require you to cut and paste the entire url together for your browser):> >
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=450995&in_page_id=1879>
<kwinrich@gmail.com>> >Sent: Jun 18, 2007 9:07 AM> >To: Pat Barthelow
<aa6eg@hotmail.com>> >Cc: towertalk@contesting.com> >Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
EMI concerns;Detectors/Radiation Allergies> >> >Apply tin foil hat at will> >>
>Kent> >K9EZ/4/Lid/B0ZO> >> >> >On 6/18/07, Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
wrote:> >>> >> Oh my god....> >>> >> This morning's Good Morning America,
entertainment show (I
  shudder to> >> call> >> it news) has a piece about Sarah Dacre from England.
Seems Sarah has an> >> allergy to Electromagnetic Radiation, that she can
definitely feel, and> >> has> >> caused her many ills in recent times. She is
shown shopping in London> >> wearing what looks like a bee keepers veil that is
actually EMI shield> >> cloth, in addition to metallic fabrics to protect her
while she walks> >> among> >> the Electro Smog, as she calls it. She has
wallpapered her home in> >> metallic> >> wallpaper to keep out the poisonous
waves...> >> Even has a hand held Electro Smog Detector, which plays a shrill
square> >> wave> >> audio tone, sounds like a vacuum cleaner motor sounds near
an am> >> radio....Looks something like a hardware store stud finder.> >>> >>
Anyay, if you see folks sniffing round your antennas carrying one of> >>
these,> >> may be you should be concerned. The ABC news piece gave some
legitimacy> >> to> >> Sarah's allergy to electromagnetic waves.> >> Dr.
  Dave Dowson has her in his care....Check these folks out on the> >> web....>
http://www.jamesburgdish.org> >> Jamesburg Earth Station Moon Bounce Team> >>
http://www.cq-vhf.com> >>> >>> >>