Re: [TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind

To: Bill Parry <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:27:00 -0500 (CDT)
Bill:

From: Bill Parry <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: 2007/06/30 Sat AM 08:28:11 CDT
To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com

<snip>
I was wondering if maybe gamma matching the tower with multiple radials
would provide a significant improvement on 160M?
<snip>

The saying is very true on Topband:  You can never have enough antennas.  I
would certainly advise you to construct a shunt feed for your new tower on 160M
and keep it in your quivver along with the inv V.

     When I had my inv L and my new shunt-fed Trylon operating as A/B on 160M,
I saw a 5-10 dB (S-meter measurement) difference on RX between the two favoring
the shunt feed.  Folks also told me that there was a similar 5-10 dB
improvement when I went to the shunt feed.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F