Re: [TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind

To: "'Gene Smar'" <ersmar@verizon.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Its summer and antennas are on my mind
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:55:43 -0500
I had also thought about an inverted L. It would be fairly easy to do, if I
had two towers. I hadn't done it prior to this because there is no way to
put radials anywhere near the base of my current tower. I also was a little
worried about having an RF "hot" antenna in reach of my grandkids. I figure
that problem is passing us by and the kids have not shown any interest in
the tower or antennas.

Do you think the inverted L would be better than shunt feeding the 100'
tower with equal radials? I certainly won't be taking down my 160M inverted
V. It is a much better rcvg antenna than my 80 M sloper on 80 and the tower
will replace the K9AY array's location so I will be out of that antenna
option.

Bill, W5VX