Re: [TowerTalk] Restoring a Tristao CZ-454 Tower

To: "Neil & Heather Goodell" <neil.goodell@verizon.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Restoring a Tristao CZ-454 Tower
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 07:48:39 -0700
Hi Neal: I think you have 2 primary problems. 1. You can not fully lower the
twisted top section into the rest of the tower or it will jam. 2. Unless you
are very lucky the twisted top section will cause alignment problems when
you install a rotator at the usual position and connect the mast. I believe
there are rotators which are made to mount just above the tower top. The
lower end mates with a non rotating pipe and top accepts a mast. If my
memory is correct, one well built one is made in Canada. I suspect the mast
above the top is limited in length for obvious reasons.
  If you don't allow the tower to fully retract it sounds like it is usable
as is.
73, Dan, N5AR