Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g tower

To: f.forrest@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25g tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:06:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/2007 9:02:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
f.forrest@charter.net writes:

>  Want to install 30' guyed Rohn 25g w/ 5' mast using BPH25g  hinged base
plate. Antenna will be TA33Jr. Using previously installed 3'X3'X4'  foundation.

>  1) Is 4 - 1/2" X 12" bolts  sufficient?

    That's an engineering question that I can't  answer but for 30' of 25G it
should be okay.

>  2) If so, what  should be the diameter of the holes drilled in the
concrete?

    You need 1/2" plus room for the epoxy. A 3/4"  hole or more should do it.
You might ask the store where you rent the concrete  drill and buy the epoxy
what they recommend. Sometimes it depends on what  drill bits they have in
stock.

>  3) What specific chemical  anchor do you recommend and where to purchase?
(So much available, is  confusing.)

I get mine at the same rental place where I rent  the concrete drill.
Typically the epoxy is stronger than the concrete so  you can't really screw it
up.
It takes a double-barreled tube gun so  you'll either have to rent one or buy
one.

>  4) Can this base plate safely be installed on leveling  nuts an inch or so
off concrete?

    Sure. We're talking about pretty small forces  here.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH