Re: [TowerTalk] This is what I used to tension my guy wires anditworked

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w2wg@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] This is what I used to tension my guy wires anditworked
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:58:50 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2007 10:49:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Will this type of gauge work with  phillistran?

    Sort of. The problem is that the Phillystran OD  is bigger than the
equivalent EHS because of its plastic jacket. The Loos uses  a sort of plastic
keeper to hold the guy wire for measurement and for the most  part the
Phillystran
OD is too big to fit into the keeper. The exception is  HPTG4000 which is the
3/16" EHS equivalent - it'll just fit into the keeper of  the PT-2 so you can
measure it directly. But that's it.

    Normal Phillystran installation calls for steel  guys for 10-15 feet
above the anchor to prevent vandalism and possible fire  damage. You can cut
Phillystran easily with a razor knife or light the  jacket on fire with a
lighter
so discretion is called for.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC