Re: [TowerTalk] FAA regulations for tower permit

To: Rob Katz <rob.katz@thelegacycenter.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FAA regulations for tower permit
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:38:14 -0800
You might run the federal regulation past them:

§97.15 Station antenna structures.
(a) Owners of certain antenna structures more than 60.96 meters (200 feet)
above ground level at the site or located near or at a public use airport
must notify the Federal Aviation Administration and register with the
Commission as required by Part 17 of this chapter.

(b) Except as otherwise provided herein, a station antenna structure may be
erected at heights and dimensions sufficient to accommodate amateur service
communications. [State and local regulation of a station antenna structure
must not preclude amateur service communications. Rather, it must reasonably
accommodate such communications and must constitute the minimum practicable
regulation to accomplish the state or local authority's legitimate purpose.
See PRB-1, 101 FCC 2d 952 (1985) for details.]

-WB2WIK/6