Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question

To: <wc1m@msn.com>, "'Darrel J. Van Buer'" <darrel@vanbuer.net>,'Mark Robinson' <markrob@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question
From: BRENT BAUM <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:01:37 -0600
One thing to watch out for with mushroomed heads on metallic items intended to
be driven with a hammer: Shrapnel.

Pounding against a mushroomed head can make flakes fly off with the speed of
bullets and they always seem to bury themselves in tender body parts such as
eyes, chests, etc.

Be safe, grind down the mushroom and then pound to your heart's content.

K7MEI> From: wc1m@msn.com> To: darrel@vanbuer.net; markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:36:59 -0400> CC: towertalk@contesting.com;
K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cadweld Question> > When I
bought my first Cadweld materials, I purchased a ground rod driving> adapter
(or whatever it's actually called.) I believe it's a standard part> supplied by
Erico. At any rate, I got it through The RF Connection. It's a> short pipe,
closed at one end, that slips over the top of the ground rod.> Not only does it
prevent the top of the rod from mushrooming, but it also> provides a much
larger target for the sledge hammer (or whatever you use.)> I've driven about
30 rods with mine and it's still usable, though the head> is quite mushroomed
at this point. But that makes for an even larger target.> > 73, Dick WC1M> > >
-----Original Message-----> > From: Darrel J. Van Buer
[mailto:darrel@vanbuer.net]> > Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 2:17 AM> > To:
Mark Robinson