Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations

To: K6TFZ@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sweet spot locations
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
K6TFZ@aol.com wrote:
> In one of the pictures I noticed a lightning transformer.
> I could not easily find a description via Google of how
> this operates. I would appreciate it if someone would
> point me in the correct direction for an explanation.
> Thank you.  Geoff, K6TFZ
>
> (Now I know why KGO is like a local station down here
> in L.A. during night hours. They can sometimes be
> heard during daylight hours in QRM-free  areas.)

KFI in Los Angeles can be heard during daylight in
the SF bay area near the coast.  KOMO in Seattle is
stronger in the SF bay area than KGO is in the Seattle
area.  Also, KFI comes into Seattle about as well as
KGO.  KGO's apparent dream location, in my experience,
has not translated into demonstrably better performance
than other AM stations.

Rick N6RK