[TowerTalk] Vertical suggestions????

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical suggestions????
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:21:56 EDT
I have finally moved into my new home in KH6 and will be getting the
building of the station underway in the next month or so.

I am limited to one tower for ham radio but the rules say nothing about
putting up a vertical of a "non-tower"....pole.

Here's the story.  I want a cheap, tough (lots of brisk,steady  tradewinds)
vertical that covers 40 through 10 meters.  Plans are to mount  it at roof
level (next to the metal roof which measures 45 by 48 at about 20  feet height)
take advantage of my metal roof as a ground plane.   However, I plan on
running radials on the sides of the antenna not covered by  the metal roof.
No, I
can't mount the antenna on the roof.

Any suggestions for which vertical which fits the criteria above?

Thanks.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS