Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter 4 Square recommendations/observations

To: dave arruzza <w1ctn@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meter 4 Square recommendations/observations
From: wa3afs@inav.net
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:58:49 -0400
I have had extensive experience with ground mounted inverted Ls and verticals
on 160M, 80M, and 40M
since the early 80s at 3 different QTHs.  I presently have a pair of inverted
Ls on 160, a pair on inverted Ls
on 80M, and a 4-square of verticals on 40M.  (Also a 4 square on 20M which I
hardly use).

Great DX antennas but, definitely do not work overly well for close in
contacts.  I have a 'back-up' inverted
Vee for 80 and 40 which I use for the close in stuff along with a SteppIR BigIR
(40M through 6M)..

Of course, your results may be a little different than mine.

Good luck and 73
.
    -- Bruce, WA3AFS