Re: [TowerTalk] Insulator Placement Clarification

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insulator Placement Clarification
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:29:03 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Dick,

Before I leap to an answer, how many and what types of antennas will be
supported by your tower?

As you can already see from your responses, the most favored approach is
to use Phillystran or fiberglas (I use over 15,000 feet of fiberglas on over
100 guy wires on my nine 130 to 200 foot towers). Otherwise prepare to install
many insulators for optimum performance.

If you're willing to sacrifice performance, you can try using no insulators at
all, but YMMV...  Many hams who've made a major capital and labor investment in
a tower and antennas prefer to take the least risky, highest electrical
performance approach and go with Phillystran or fiberglas.

73!
Frank
W3LPL