[TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:52:39 EDT
Tower Talk folks;

Any of you use the Idiom Press RotorCard - Yaesu DXA, for control  of a Yaesu
G-2800DXA rotator? Product reviews on eham.net seem good,  but hardly anyone
giving a review is familiar to me, like a lot of the  TowerTalkians are.

The reason I am thinking of this product is to fullly integrate my  wife's
(N7RQ) station into my shack, giving her a separate operating position  like
she's been used to. That card should allow her to serially tie her computer  to
the normal Yaesu control box on my desk, about 8 ft away. So the two of us,
ideally, could share a single rotator box, without either one of us leaving the

operating position.

The price of this card seems very inviting, especially considering  Yaesu's
alternative.

Questions:

1. Looks easy to install. Comments?

2. Any problems with operation? Maintenace?

3. This device still allows manual operation,  correct?

Tnx to all!

73, Bob  K8IA