Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike - Post-strike analysis

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike - Post-strike analysis
From: WD0M <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:33:59 -0600
I'm happy that the loss was minimal, compared to the potential.  Could
have been far worse.  The phone tech arrived late yesterday and replaced
their sure arrestor, so I have a new one out there doing its job.
Nonetheless, a new surge protection system for the phone/DSL/network is
on the way.  I'd have to agree that fiber systems are far better when it
comes to lightning.  Our phone lines here are very old, with little
chance of ever seeing s fiber system in the years to come.

If I find a round tuit, I'll send it your way.

73,
Joe

Pagosa Springs, CO

http://home.centurytel.net/WD0M