To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 73
From: "Dudley Chapman" <chief@thechief.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:04:57 -0400

Message: 7
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:24:05 -0500
From: AB5MM <ab5mm@9plus.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m 1/4 wave vertical help needed
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Fellow Top Banders,

I have a matching problem with a Rohn 25G, 160m ? wave vertical and am
hoping some of you can help me out....

...My friend (K5ZO) and I have tried every thing we can think of to get
this antenna to resonate anywhere in the 1.8 to 2.0 MHz range.  ...

...Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please feel
free to post to the group as I feel this information would be helpful to
others as well. <>

Thanks & 73, <>

Steve AB5MM
ab5mm@9plus.net

Steve,
   On a chance you haven't thought of this, antenna analyzers are
susceptible to strong nearby AM stations especially when used on 160m
verticals in that frequency range.  I am sure this has caused many an OM to
put extra work into seeking resonance until he discovered this problem.

Regards,
Dudley - WA1X