Re: [TowerTalk] PL259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:02:11 -0400

> Another issue is why do hams have an aversion to crimp-on PL259's?
> They are easy to put on and mechanically superior to soldered
> connectors.  Using them should be a "no-brainer."

Having switched to "crimp-on" UHF and N-connectors for RG-8, LMR400 and 600
I can not understand why any one would go to soldering connectors with the
exception of the ham who only uses a couple. Then the cost of the crimping
tool may become an issue for those on a tight budget.  Then again when it
comes to "resoldering", or reusing UHF connectors, I don't and havent for
many years.  I figure it's two and a half bucks well spent. One other point,
cripm on N-connectors are _so_much_easier than using the "clamp on"

73

Roger (K8RI)