Re: [TowerTalk] safety cable addition to Rohn 55

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] safety cable addition to Rohn 55
From: "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:45:41 -0500
This must make me one of those weird ducks.. I have an SSMW 80 foot tower in
Rohn engineering, as we speak.  ON the list, is a cable tower arrest system
and I personally plan never ever to climb this thing!  But I sure don't ever
want to see a friend or someone I hire professionally fall from it.  The
cost factor may be $500 if that much.  Considering that it is going to cost
me thousands to install it, I just consider it good old fashioned common
sense since we use these at work in climbs down vertical walls on ladders,
and it does give you some sense of security knowing that if you slip, you
are not going to make like Batman and unfortunately, I don't have any wings!
You all be safe.  Gene K2QWD