[TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 06:51:55 -0600
I'm currently running a 32' vertical in the backyard fed at the base
with a 200 watt sgc tuner.  Eventually I want install an amplifier so
the current setup will not work.

I'm considering the Steppir and Hustler 6BTV verticals.  My current
thinking is the 6BTV will perform better due to top loading vs the
Steppir which uses base loading for 80m.

Its obvious that the Steppir is more expensive than other solutions, but
lets not worry about that right now.   My  main goal is to  run some
power on 80m  with the  most efficient vertical (between the two
mentioned above)  I can install.

Thanks in advance.

Rich - N5ZC