Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV vs Steppir Big IR Vertical on 80m
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:16:31 -0700

That's a very cool idea, but I think he'd need a 65 foot vertical or so
to make it work with double those values.  The author himself suggests
that it's pretty hard to come up with values that work at all if the
antenna isn't on the long side for the lowest band, but I guess it might
be feasible to accomplish that with top loading wires.

73,
Dave   AB7E

--

***

If other people insist on being apathetic, who am I to care?