Re: [TowerTalk] pl259-rg6

To: John Hudson <jd_hudson@comcast.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pl259-rg6
From: "R. David Eagle" <kb8nnu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:13:33 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for the info...I am currently using some of these F-259 connectors that
I found at a radio shack, but I've discovered that not all stores carry them so
that forces me to find them elsewhere.  I have the "snap-n-seal" type
connectors with the compression tool and was hoping to stray away from using
the F-259 connectors.

The coax that I'm using is standard RG-6U (not quad), copper plated center,
foil and aluminum braid.  I am now using it on my receive array, an 80 meter
transmit antenna, and my 160 M inverted L.  I'm really impressed with it so
far.  I was forced to use the RG-6 when looking at RG-213 and RG-8 prices.  I
can buy 1000' for about $60 from a local distributor....not too shabby.

Dave
KB8NNU