[TowerTalk] Roof Tower Safety

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Roof Tower Safety
From: Just Justin <nevtxjustin@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:39:20 -0800 (PST)
We had to find a safe solution for climbing steeps roofs to install
WISP antennas. For several months I could not figure out how in the
world the other guys were getting up on 45 degree 35 foot tall center
hip roofs.

I found some J-Hooks to attach to a 42' aluminum extension ladder. The
link is: http://www.slateroofcentral.com/store_lad_hook.html

They have one with and without rollers, company told me both meet
applicable OSHA requirements. We place a 22 ft fiberglass ladder with
standoffs against the outside wall and two guys can get the longer
ladder on the roof.

Don't get me started on how the other guys ground, err...don't ground
their outside roof mounted antennas.

-=Justin=-