[TowerTalk] Crimp Coax Connector Differences

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimp Coax Connector Differences
From: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:41:53 +0000
Several days ago I commented on certain Coax Crimp Connectors not fitting the
Coax
they were intended for. The response was underwhelming except for the couple of
..."they fit on my coax"... responses.

So I conducted an experiment, albeit an expensive one. The Coax I am using is
LMR-400UF and LMR-240UF. Connectors (PL-259 and BNC) from one store DID
NOT accommodate the stranded center conductor unless I removed one or two
strands. Connectors bought from another store (obviously from different sources)
did accommodate the stranded center conductor.

Being wary of litigation, I will not mention the two suppliers here, but will
in private
correspondence.

Anyone want under-sized Coax Connectors, real cheap !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7