Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave

To: "Martin Ewing AA6E" <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>,"Towertalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering flex-weave
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:29:39 -0500
Martin, I just went through this with trying to repair my 160 L. The wire
has been up for years and actually I was fixing a fix I did last year that
had failed. I found (via Google) that a combination of salt and white
vinegar (although using balsamic may get you more Is in the log!!!) works to
clean the wire very well. I soaked mine for about 30 minutes then let it dry
and used non-acid flux, I did not use it on flex weave but my wire has about
8 strands or so. It works pretty well and better than any mechanical method
I've used before.

Hope this helps!
YMMV

Dan W8CAR