Re: [TowerTalk] Tower temp guy nn7j

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower temp guy nn7j
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:37:48 -0500
Your post is missing a lot of information.  What tower are you using, how
tall is it, what is the antenna load and at what heights do you have the guy
wires.   Many times I have removed a guy wire with my Rohn 55G and 65G
towers, raised the antenna into position and then reconnected it.

John KK9A

From: "dan"
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:06:41 -0000

What would be a safe distance for a 40 ft high guy? Would 20 foot  out from
the
tower work in order to get  the guy out of the way to raise an antenna that
guy
is normally at 50 feet from the tower. No human will be on the tower.

Dan