[TowerTalk] RFI Identification

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] RFI Identification
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:09:41 -0500
All,

I have an RFI problem that I'm trying to identify. It's a continuous
pulse noise that pops on every 1/2 second. The actual timing between
each pulse is about 0.533 seconds and doesn't seem to change.

It's spread accross all HF bands and on some days, it creeps up into the
100MHz range. It's stronger on the lower bands (80 meters) than on the
upper HF frequencies.

The signal is directional and can be nulled completely when not beaming
in the direction of the source. The interference came on suddenly in
December.

I have a few recordings and would appreciate any suggestions. Apologies
for the off-topic subject -- please reply direct.

Tony -K2MO