Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT

To: k2drn.cw@verizon.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT
From: Edward Sylvester <navydude1962@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:05:41 -0800 (PST)
I think a quad will work better for you, if you intend to keep the antenna
below the treetops....

  73,
  Ed NI6S

k2drn.cw@verizon.net wrote:
  i currently use a multiband 133' dipole for HF dx and want to go to a tower
with a 10 thru 30 meter yagi, maybe a steppir. My property is loaded with
ash trees approx 60 to 70 ft tall. will the trees be a problem if i choose
a tower not tall enough to put the antenna above them. I occasionally get
wind gusts up to 60 mph. all my interests are with HF dx.