Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ANTENNA HEIGHT
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 04:50:21 -0400
Trees, particularly in the warmer weather should show up as a *lossy*
rise in the the landscape/terrain  close in (near field).  How much of a
rise and how lossy is a real wild card  but  it could, in some cases
have a substantial effect and very little in others. That variability
would make it extremely difficult to model accurately.

Although I hear it said often, I see no real reason for a quad treating
the trees much differently than a Yagi.

Roger (K8RI)