Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb

To: "'Dale Martin'" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb
From: "Daron Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:21:19 -0700
>Forgive my bluntness...but...

>Maybe you should hire an engineer to consult and provide guidance on this
>subject with you.

>It's obvious that no one's reply to your query here is what you are looking
>for.

>73,
>Dale, kg5u
>(15 years of skirts on two Rohn 45G towers (30miles from the Gulf of
Mexico)
>and not a clang to be heard or rusting to be seen.)

Thanks...all I was asking was for how these are supposed to be installed.  I
don't want to install plywood/chickenwire/lexan or whatever, simply, I was
asking what is the proper installation technique for this product?
Now...assuming you have them installed properly, I'm asking, how?  Did you
just hold them tight to the tower and install the self drilling screws
provided from Rohn thus screwing all three sections together?  Assuming you
did, did you electrically bond them to the tower ground or are they
'floating'?  If they don't make any noise, you must have installed them in a
manner so they are pinched tight up against the tower?  It really should be
a simple question.

Thanks,

Daron N7HQR