Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT

To: "'TOMMY HALIBURTON'" <ROCKETJ10@MSN.COM>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER PERMIT
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:44:18 -0700
Tommy:

Talk with US Towers they can provide a sealed set for your
state for a fixed charge. An alternate route is to go to the
ARRL VCE (volunteer consulting engineers) site and see if
there are any PE's listed for Colorado. I am not licensed in
Colorado.

On the issue raised by another responder. I think you are
confusing reciprocity in getting a license in another state ,
having a license and experience in a different state, with
accepting as a approved engineering design, a document sealed
with another states stamp. California does have reciprocity
with other states you just have to prove your competence and
knowledge of their seismic and statue requirements to obtain a
license by reciprocity. Seismic issues are a big deal here on
the left coast and for good reason. I am licensed in 19 states
and 3 provinces of Canada and I had to prove competence in
local knowledge and statutes in each one.

The east coast is no different than the west coast or middle
America as far as accepting documents for engineered
structures to be built in their specific jurisdiction. The
level of adherence to, and complexity of, requirements is
determined  by the local jurisdiction or state, as the permit
system is overseen by that level of government. You just have
to learn to deal with the issue of permitting, if required,
and get on with it or not.

Building codes and permitting are in place to insure that
there is a minimum life safety in constructed structures to
allow for the egress of the occupants or adjacent occupants in
case of an unanticipated or sever environmental loading
condition. It is not to ensure that the structure stands but
that it stands long enough so that the occupants can leave
before partial or full collapse.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.
H.S. Lonberg, P.E, S.E.