Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:56:00 -0400
Who said I bought cheap UPS gear, haha.

Yes, your points are well taken. Been there... spent plenty of time running
on NOC UPS for a few minutes till the gen got up to speed...hate having the
severs go down and all those hard drives stop spinning...

Out where I live we have a power company that cris crosses HV
lines...sometimes the 21KVA lines drop on to the 9KVA...the last time that
happened it blew the 50KV transformer that fed my house and barn...all my
neighbors lost phones, microwaves, AC units, refrigerators, TVs, etc.  We
just lost the transformer.  I'm happy with approach to the risk
factors...the Cutler stuff is good in my subjective opinion of one.

73,
dave
wa3gin