[TowerTalk] Two questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Two questions
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:07:20 -0400
Hi all,

As part of getting some yard work done this year, I'd like to run
some cable about 100 feet underground to my inverted-L feedpoint.
Currently I'm using direct-bury Davis-RF coax in a shallow (6")
trench. I'd prefer to put in a conduit and run everything through
there instead. I'm thinking of 3 coax runs to accommodate my
inverted-L, a 40/80 Butternut vertical and maybe one more for
expansion purposes later.

The question here is should I run solid PVC for this (plumbing white
or electrical-grey), or should I be using flexible plastic drainage
line with slots cut in it do drain moisture?

Also, does anybody know a source for sheet-copper? I'm putting my
single-point ground panel together in the next few weeks and the only
one sold commercially for that purpose (Polyphaser's) seems
prohibitively expensive. I'm thinking 24 x 36" or so, 12 gauge thickness.

Could I substitute aluminium sheeting instead of copper? Stainless,
perhaps??  I will be running 2" copper strap to the bonded ground
system outside, so I'm thinking "galvanic action" between copper
strapping and aluminum sheet.

Regards,

Peter,
W2IRT