Re: [TowerTalk] Two questions

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jimc@pwrone.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Two questions
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:47:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/2008 10:58:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

>>  "I guess I just do not see why a aluminum panel, for  mounting lightning
arrestors to, would not suffice."

>   John, you're absolutely right.  An aluminum panel is just fine.  I  use a
24"x24" aluminum and 2" copper strap bolted with SS bolts.  I  also use
copper/aluminum paste (from I.C.E) between the copper strap and  aluminum
panel.

    Great comment. Don't forget that most of the  antioxidant products are
for copper and aluminum. Check the label but products  like NoAlOx stands for
no
aluminum oxidation.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC