[TowerTalk] LB Cebik - Bob Bogash

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] LB Cebik - Bob Bogash
From: Garry <g.drummond@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:54:00 -0400
Hi Bob,

Shortly after I heard this I received an email from another reflector by
someone who said he had mirrored LB's site. I'm trying to find the
message where the new address was given but haven't found it yet. I will
post if I can find it.

73,
Garry - WR4R

Bob Bogash
W7DDD

P.S. His web site was very quickly removed from public access and made
into a Restricted (albeit currently free) Access. I think  Antennex's
actions were extraordinarily crass and poorly timed. A picture and some
memorial mumblings leading to a now locked up site - instantly breaking
untold thousands of links. Yes I registered to regain access (altho I
was already registered), but I shouldn't have had to do that. Now, all
those google searches will lead to a "Register to gain Access" page -
the kind I almost always hit the Back button on.  Hams surfing for
antenna information will now have no inkling of the treasure trove
behind the newly locked gates.

What I find particularly tasteless is the speed with which this action
was undertaken. The great man's hands were barely cold and they moved to
create the webpages and log-in protocol to move his site "off line." It
is particularly egregious in that it is contrary to everything LB
believed in and stood for.