Re: [TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ?

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Jefa Tech cable QUALITY ?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 01:20:59 -0400
Jim Lux wrote:
> [...]
Yup.

I installed a very large,  "FDA Validated" computer system for one
plant. Now there is a spec with meaning! <:-)) It was the only plant in
the entire corporation with FDA validation. They transferred data to the
corporate database. The corporate computer people did all they could to
prevent becoming part of the automated data string. After I retired the
poor sys admin had to revalidate the data transfer "every month" instead
of the computer group keeping strict record of equipment installations.
I was far enough up the food chain they didn't do that while I was
there.  At least it only took her a few hours, when we validated the
system it took weeks. We had to validate every program, step and routine
and print the results based on valid and invalid input.  It took 6
printouts just for a log in.  We started with a stack of operations a
bit over an inch thick. When we finished the results IIRC were close to
4 feet tall.  That is a lot of printouts! (and paper).. So much for the
paperless office<:-)) (those had to be kept on file along with many
records (test results) being for the life of the corporation plus 10
years). ISO 9000 series was a snap compared to that.  The biggest
problem with 9000 was people getting too detailed in their
documentation.  You only wrote what was essential.

73

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)