Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Rivets

To: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Rivets
From: "Alfred Frugoli" <alfred.frugoli@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:01:23 -0400
Dick,

Be careful.  Steel rivets will cause a dissimilar metal reaction and corrode
both the aluminum and steel.  I've recently ordered a bunch of aluminum from
TT to repair my F12 C3S that I used steel rivets on at one point when
reassembling some of the sections.  The smaller diameter pieces became so
corroded that they would snap with very slight pressure.  The larger
diameter pieces simply show some severe fatigue and corrosion around the
rivets, but don't usually break (at least not yet).

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.