[TowerTalk] First Tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] First Tower
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:52:38 -0500
I had a Hornet beam on a 30' piece of pipe for my first beam/tower combo in
1959.  In those days, living in the north woods  of Wisconsin, without the help
of any locals and a Internet reflector, I made do with what I had available to
me.  I didn't have a rotor or SWR meter.  I just worked a lot of DX with the
Viking Valiant.  It wasn't until 1970 that I had a real tower.  Rohn 40G at 40
feet attached to the garage with a TA33 opened a whole new world to me.  Now,
after losing my 72' tower to the wind a few weeks ago, I wish I had that piece
of pipe at 30'!

Good luck and be safe.

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 2672 spam emails to date.