Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Material and resonance

To: <Jwpjj@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Material and resonance
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:45:12 -0000
I have put up a lot of rohn 25 because I have a lot of faith in it. I have
found the specs on rohn 35 are under rated. Rohn 25 will handle a lot. BUT
I'm not even 'gutsy' enough to try what you are going to try. I think you're
fine with weight and 'regular' wind loading. If you get a lot of gusting
winds you might and probably will be in trouble. You will also be in trouble
with ice. Your best bet is to move up to Rohn 45.
Just my -2 cents worth.
73

MAL
N7MAL