Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator

To: "waterpower" <hoth2o@netecin.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Removing a Rotator
From: "N3XX - Tim Heger" <n3xx@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:11:15 -0400
To hold the mast in place while replacing the rotator, I use three flat
steel bars about 1 foot long.  I drilled holes for U-bolts on each end of
each bar, spaced so that one U-bolt clamps to the mast, and the other clamps
to the tower leg.  All three bars are clamped to the mast just above the
rotator.  The other ends of the bars go to the three tower legs, and are
clamped there.  This has always worked well here, no sideways movement of
the mast, and the thrust bearing holds the vertical pressure.

GL & 73,
Tim - N3XX