[TowerTalk] Field Day with towers in St. Louis, MO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Field Day with towers in St. Louis, MO
From: "Derek Cohn/WB0TUA" <vibroplex@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:06:19 -0500
Hi Everyone,

A small group of us in the St. Louis area (Clayton) is putting on a two station
Field Day (2A) this coming weekend.  We plan to have two towers up in the air
for the antennas:

* 40 feet of Rohn 25G with a TA-33 on top turned by a Ham IV
* 40 feet of Rohn 25G with a 20' mast on top supporting an all band doublet fed
with balanced line.

We can always use extra hands putting up and taking down the towers/antennas as
well as operators for the event.  One station will be SSB and the other will be
CW.  If, like me, you don't have a tower/beam up at home but still want to get
some experience with one on Field Day, you're welcome to join us.  You can help
assemble a simple tri-band yagi, bolt together tower sections, and help route
the rotor cable, coax, etc to the operating position.

Our group is listed as WBØSND on the ARRL.ORG Field Day locator utility but we
will be using KØFS for our station call sign.

I knocked together a very crude web page showing our location and some of the
details.

http://www.mindspring.com/~vibroplex/Field%20Day%20Web%20Site.html

If you are planning on coming, please call me so I know to expect you.

73,

Derek Cohn
Morse Telegraph Club - Alton Chapter
Office UD, Sine DJ