Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-axis Rotators

To: towertalk@contesting.com, WA6RKN@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multi-axis Rotators
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 17:02:19 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/2008 9:01:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Thanks for that Kirk...but not quite what I am looking  for.  I want to be
able to move the beam from horizontal to vertical  while it is in the air.
The tower won't be tilted at all.  The Yeasu  G-5500 is $530.00, give or
take...cheaper than the nn4zz  tiltplate!

You missed the point. The tiltplate  will allow the antenna to automatically
rotate horizontally when  your antenna encounters the roof. Enough to lower
the tower anyway.

There is no other ham rotator available that will  do what you ask other than
the Yaesu. M2 might have one but it'll be lots more  expensive. (They
announced it several years ago but I don't know about it's  availability.)

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

fuel-efficient used cars.