Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers MA-550 and ladders

To: "'Michael Fox \(K5MEF\)'" <k5mef@mefox.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Towers MA-550 and ladders
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:13:28 -0700
I have the MA-40 and have put a ladder against it many times (I am 6'1" and
200lbs) with no problems, if it were to fall over with me and the ladder you
would not want the tower in the first place:-).

Unless you really need a tubular tower for some reason, I would get one of
the lattice crank ups.  The tubular's are very noisy in winds with clanks
and bangs etc.  I have always regretted not putting up one of the lattice
style crank up's.

In fact I am going to change out the MA-40 soon, been up close to 20 years.

Mike