Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design

To: Pat Rundall <pat@n0hr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160/80m Inverted L dualband design
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:06:32 -0400
Geeze, Pat... those plots all show a rather narrow bandwidth on all the
options.    What does the modeling program say about the old fashioned
V dipole?  How about a sloper like the Alpha Delta DX-B single wire
trapped sloper?  (Admittedly the latter gets mixed reviews, but some
credible hams get really good results with it.  I get average results with
mine and it is not even on a tower!)   How about a sloping dipole?
Delta loop with apex on tower top?

How do these other choices stack up?  I am curios because I face
exactly the same dilemma posed on your web page.