Re: [TowerTalk] another stupid guywire question

To: bill rubin <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] another stupid guywire question
From: "K5MLC \(Mike\)" <k5mlc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:27:34 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks again Bill!
Yeah, I've looked at the info at Texas Towers. The EHS and the galvanized wire
rope look pretty much the same as far as strength.  I've order 500' of the wire
rope.  I may try to acquire enough of the kevlar rope to use at the very top of
the 51' tower.  I have an A3S with the 743 40 meter addon atop the tower. Since
I live on the Gulf Coast - I don't think I can "overguy" the tower. <grin>
So, do you mean the insulators should be at 27' or less or more than 27'?
73 de K5MLC Mike