Re: [TowerTalk] Screwdriver driver antenna

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screwdriver driver antenna
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:46:49 -0400
Interesting idea, Jim.

I have been beta testing speech recognition user interface
designs since 1992 - and you would go nuts with those commands.
You use those words all the time when talking to other hams, so
either the recognizer would ignore you, or it would think you are
constantly making commands, and execute function changes as
you talk to the other guys.   You would need to develop a keenly
unique set of wake-up or trigger sounds to get it into command mode
or you would be getting commands when you did not want them.

Not a bad idea, just needs some work to be usable...  Call me when
you get started on the project...

Just MY take.    ========  Richards - K8JHR  =========

Jim Lux wrote:

   Either that, or voice recognition (which I think would be a better long
term solution... "radio, 20 meters, preset 1"  "radio, volume up",
"radio, one four dot one five zero"  Works in any car, etc.